Previous requirements to integrate
Keep these aspects in mind before you start:
- Access to an account
- Create an application
- Generate test users
- Obtain your Access token
- Identify your integration
1. Access to an account
To start integrating, you must have a Mercado Pago or Mercado Libre account.
You can sign in with an existing account or Create a new account.
2. Create an application
Creating a credential is necessary to make transactions using the Mercado Pago integration. This credential contains an ID and an Access Token required to make transactions using a Mercado Pago account.
You must create an application to obtain credentials and set up webhook notifications.
It's quite easy to do:
- Enter Your integrations.
- Select the + symbol in Your applications section to create a new application.
- Name the application to identify it later.
- Accept our Terms and Conditions. Done!
3. Generate test users
Use test accounts to ensure that your integration supports all possible flows and scenarios. They have the same features as a real Mercado Pago account, which allows you to test the functioning of the integrations you are developing.
To perform the test, you must have at least two accounts:
- Seller: account required to configure application and credentials. This is your user account.
- Buyer: account required to test the purchase process.
In addition to these accounts, it is also important to use test cards to test payment integration and simulate the purchase process, as well as balance in the test user's Mercado Pago account. See more details below.
To create accounts and test how the integrations work, follow the steps below.
- In Devsite, access the menu Your Integrations > Test Accounts and click on the Create Test Account button.
- On the "Create New Account" screen, enter a description for the account identification. Example: "Salesperson - store 1".
- Next, select the country of operation for the account. This information cannot be edited later and, in addition, Buyer and Seller users must be from the same country.
- Fill in a fictitious amount of money that will serve as a reference for you to test your applications. This amount will appear as a balance in the test user's Mercado Pago account and can be used to simulate payments, as well as with a test card.
- Click Create Test Account.
Ready! The test account has been created and will be displayed in the table with the following information:
- Country location of origin of the account selected in your registration.
- Account ID: description for test account identification.
- User: auto-generated test account username. This username is used to log in with the test user.
- Password: automatically generated test user account access password. To generate a new password, click on the 3 vertical dots at the end of the table row and select the option Generate new password.
- Creation Date: date the test account was created.
4. Obtain your Access Token (OAuth)
If you are an integrator that works with several retailers enabling them to operate with Mercado Pago, we recommend to perform the OAuth - authentication between accounts process. The process enables customers securely share personal data with a third-party system.
The Access Token is not shareable in any way other than through OAuth.
5. Identify your integration (Sponsor ID)
To identify the orders placed by your POS (Point Of Sale), include the Sponsor ID, and check the in-store orders APIs on how to send this information.
Step by step: